Welcome to Jessica's Hope. This blog is designed to keep friends and family up to date on Jessica's journey with cancer. In all of this we have to always remember, just as Jessica is doing, that Christ is our ultimate hope. He is the sole reason that we live. To Him belong all glory and honor.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Little Jessica

I believe it would be appropriate to continue Jessica's Hope in order to update about Little Jessica. She is the extension and the result of my late Wife's hope. On February 6, 2011 "Little Jessi" was born via C-section after Jessica became brain dead. She weighed 1 lbs 3 oz. She has remained in fairly stable condition for the past twelve days. She has had some breathing trouble, but that is typical of very premature babies. This past Monday, I was privileged to hold her outside the incubater for about half an hour. It was amazing. Please pray that our gracious God continues to honor my Wife's sacrifice by watching closely over our child and guarding her health. No matter what happens, may He continue to be thanked because his steadfast love never ends. Every day I read part of a psalm for Lil' Jessi in prayer:
"For You, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O LORD from my youth. Upon You I have leaned from before my birth; You are He who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of You." Psalm 71:5-6.

There are many suffering people with spouses who have died and babies who are premature. My family is not alone, nor have we suffered anything unusual -- though that fact does not dull the pain. So please take Jessica's and Jessi's story and go pray with, encourage, support financially, or find some way to show these hurting people the love of Jesus. My family is only one out of thousands that are struggling. Do not feel sorry for people; that is a natural human response, but it does little good. Rather, have compassion on others; compassion is what moved Jesus to action. Non-christians can feel sorry for anyone, but it takes the Spirit of God to work with compassion. Compassion is a God-given ability to sacrifice yourself or something of personal value in order to show God's love to a person in need; it is choosing to love by action. When Jesus saw the crowds, He was moved with compassion because they were scattered like sheep without a shepherd. But instead of getting much needed rest, eating something himself or going off to pray, Jesus chose to meet the crowd's needs. Similarly, Jesus did not want to die for us, but compassion drove Him to the cross. He even asked His Father to let the cup (of suffering through becoming sin, the physical pain, etc.) pass from Him. But He still submitted to God's will. In the same way, Brothers and Sisters, submit to the Spirit's push to compassion within you, forget yourself and help others. Pray for compassion. May all who read this bear much fruit.

13 comments:

  1. I just want to thank Clint for sharing this path God is walking with him. I appreciate the updates as they allow me to pray with more focus for Clint, Jessi, & family. What an encouragement you are to me in my own walk seeing your testimony for Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for this post. as my pastor said this sunday, "real faith WORKS."
    i am praying for little Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey with our Lord. Your family is in my family's prayers. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Clint, for your posts. A praying friend, even though we have never met.
    Jan Bunton

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy she's doing well :). I was really hoping you were going to say you'd keep this up so we could hear how she/you are doing! I know little Jessi much bring you so much joy! I'll be praying that her tiny little body keeps growing just how it's supposed to. God brought her through so much already and I have no doubt he will continue to protect her and nurture her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. The first paragraph almost made me cry. Your faith is a joy to see. Blessed be The Name of The LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for doing this Clint and Danielle. We pray for you guys all the time and it helps to know how Lil Jessi is doing. We love you and are here for whatever you need. Thanks also for sharing from your heart to Aaron and Ashley; God used it and is continuing to use it so thanks for being obedient even in grief.
    Love you
    Aunt Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog, as someone from one of my groups was talking about it. I've read through your blog and wow....I am truly speechless! My heart goes out to you and your family!

    May your Little Jessi have as much strength, courage and faith as both of her parents and may she grow up to love her own children as unselfishly as her own mother loved her.

    God Bless you and your beautiful family...I pray for continued healing for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clint- I want to let you know that I am praying for Little Jessi to continue to get better. Also praying for God to give you the strength to take care of both of these children. " With God all things are possible." God will watch over you and them. Also please let the Rogers know that I am praying for them too. I know how hard it is to lose a child. I lost my daughter in a car wreck at the age of 17. You can tell Kathy that I am Martha Hunt's daughter. (Martha is Secretary at Parkway in Natchez)
    Sherri Hunt Bowen
    Flora,MS (Jackson,MS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your family's loss, yet also praise God Jessica was such a testament. I hope your little girl is doing well. I would like to contact you privately about the possibility of getting donated milk to little Jessi so she has that extra advantage. I can be reached at natalieae@gmail.com. I think there are many moms out there who would be willing to help your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I just am writing to let you know that I was assisting with Your late wife's CT on the day they found the brain tumor. Everyone was touched that day by her bravery and story. Usually we see so many patients, and never know any information other than why they are here. But she was different and I remember wondering about you and her family that day as I too fought tears seeing her scan. Some may see this as a huge waste of her life because they do not value God and the precioius life of a newborn child, but she knew better.

    My sister sent me this link after I told her the sad "case" I had worked on that day and she heard a prayer request in her church for your family. It is so good to hear the rest of her story after she left our department. I genuinely weep for your loss, and your gain of your daughter that Jessica sacrificed her life for. Her story should be told and you and your family are in my prayers as I cannot imagine the strength you must have now. Just thought you should know that even when she was not conscious God used her to touch and encourage many!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the update. And for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our extended family is praying for little Jessi, and for all of you.

    Love, Bryan & Melissa (Gons) McKinnon

    ReplyDelete